Brave neighbour praised for rescue bid during Wadebridge fire

Posted By on 23rd February 2017

23rd February 2017

By Graham Smith

A Wadebridge woman is in hospital with severe burns after a house fire in Whiterock Road last night (Wednesday.)

Emergency services are praising the bravery of a neighbour who risked their own life in a rescue attempt.

The neighbour was alerted by the sound of a smoke alarm at around 10.30pm.  The blaze is understood to have broken out in a bungalow.

The neighbour suffered the effects of smoke and shock.  Fire crews rescued the person whose home was ablaze. 

The woman occupant is now at Derriford hospital, Plymouth.

Fire crews from Wadebridge, Bodmin and Padstow attended.